Your Ad Here

Your Ad Here

I can never match Sachin: Sehwag

NEW DELHI: He has been compared to the great Sachin Tendulkar time and again, but swashbuckling opener Virender Sehwag is not sure that he can ever match upto his childhood idol.

Sehwag was compared to Tendulkar when he first broke into the Indian side and his explosive batting style coupled with a remarkable physical similiarity with the little master means the duo are indisguishable when they are out in the middle.

Sehwag, however, was keen to assert that he has a long way to go before he can come anywhere near Tendulkar's stature.

''I wanted to become a Tendulkar, but that's not possible because he is a God of cricket. When I was watching him on television, I tried to copy every single shot,'' Sehwag said.

The right-hander is currently battling to be fit for the ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa this September after a shoulder surgery ruled him out of the ICC World Twenty20.

But although he is regarded as a dasher, well suited to the shorter forms of the game, the 'Nawab of Najafgarh' revealed that he is motivated to keep proving critics of his aggressive style wrong by continuing to score heavily in Test cricket as well.

''In Test matches I'm very cautious,'' Sehwag told a private news channel.
''I want to score more runs and I want to score big runs and I want to prove everyone wrong because when I came to the Indian team everybody was saying 'he's only a one day player, he cannot bat in Test cricket,'' he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here