Your Ad Here

Your Ad Here

Sachin Tendulkar ranks 98 vs Pak in WC one of his finest moments

Mumbai: India's batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar today rated his blistering 75-ball knock of 98 against arch-rivals Pakistan in the 2003 World Cup at Centurion as one of the most memorable innings of his life

"I remember a few innings and important among them is the innings against Pakistan in the 2003 World Cup. We won that match (by 6 wickets)," said Tendulkar who walked down memory lane here today to celebrate his20 years in international cricket.

Tendulkar made his international debut in the first Test against Pakistan at Karachi on November 15, 1989 and it was on the same tour that he made his debut in ODIs too before going on to set world records in both formats.

Emphasising that earning his first India cap is the most cherished moment of his glittering career, Tendulkar mentioned a knock of 59 in his second Test at Faisalabad against Pakistan as the turning point in his career as that knock gave him self-belief that he belonged in the highest league.

"20 years is a long time and I have many special moments and it would be difficult to count them. But the first one (Test), the first day walking out in the playing XI in Pakistan probably was the greatest moment," he said.

"In the second Test at Faisalabad I made 58 or 59. It was the turning point in my career as I felt confident after that innings that I belonged at this level after not doing well in the first Test," he said.Asked how he maintained his passionor the game after playing for so long, Tendulkar said it came naturally to him.

"Cricket lives in my heart. I enjoy playing cricket. I have not made any special effort (to be passionate). I enjoy every moment of the game," said the batsman who has scored the most number of runs and centuries in Tests and ODIs.

"Playing for the country was my childhood dream and I have fulfilled my dream. I am fortunate to have played for my country for so many years," he said.

Tendulkar maintained that he always wants to celebrate team victories than individual glory if the latter did not lead to India triumphing.

"You feel bad (if team loses) even if I had done well. I play for the team. Even if you have not contributed when the team has done well you want to jump in joy," he put it.

Asked what changes have occurred in the game in the 20 years of his career, Tendulkar picked the advent of Twenty20, assistance of technology for umpiring decisions and batting innovations as the major changes that have taken place.

"From 1989, plenty of things have happened and the the game has changed a lot with the introduction of the third umpire and Hot Spot system to the introduction of Twenty20", he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here